Torpedo Ladles transfer of pig iron to steel plant
Why insulation is needed:
- Iron is delivered to the BOF at a high temperature:
- Higher temperature of iron results in less energy to reheat the iron.
- Higher temperature gives a more homogenous quality of iron.
- Proper insulation allows the total lining to be thinner:
- Thinner linings give more iron per campaign.
- More iron in the torpedo car results in fewer fillings per day.
- Proper insulation allows more wear of the refractory lining:
- More wear of refractories results in longer life time between re-linings.
- More wear of refractories results in less consumption/purchase of refractories.
Click to enlarge
For more information about our refractory solutions for steel industry, please contact us.
Find us on social media